Bank of Ireland
Consarc Design Group
Casey O'Rourke Engineers & Lisa Edden Consulting Structural Engineers
Matt O'Mahony Associates
Kerrigan Sheanon Newman
This Refurbishment / Conservation and new build works project at Bank of Ireland College Green, Dublin involved the renovation and refurbishment of an existing historic building complex dating back to 1729 and was carried out in various
concurrent and overlapping phases.
The existing buildings remained in operation during the works and the works were carried out and handed over on a phased
basis to accommodate this. The alterations within the existing buildings and provision of new works, including mechanical and
electrical services, are located as follows:
• Phase 1 - Construction of a new Link Bridge at high level; and construction of a new Security Canopy in Rear Yard Area; also
refurbishment of Foreign Exchange.
• Phase 2A – New Exhibition Centre including Round Hall and Entrance Hall in White-box Area.
• Phase 2B – New Atrium within existing area in Swimming Pool Atrium Area.
• Phase 3 – Refurbishment (decoration) of Public Areas in banking hall and circulation areas (incl. miscellaneous works);
together with work to ancillary works to include West and East Halls and Foreign Exchange.
• Phase 4 – Resurfacing & alterations of Front Forecourt, including provision of ramp at Main entrance Forecourt.